Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-09-2011, 11:02 AM   #1
Meep!

Share |

Icemaker saddle valve removal

Ok, so now that I'm sick of painting for now, I'm going to try some other small projects to get the roller out of my hands for a day.

First on the list is removing the saddle valve from the water line, and replacing it with a proper line with a shutoff. It currently has only the shutoff on the saddle valve itself, and copper line running to the fridge.

Am I correct in my reading that all I really need is to install a tee, with a 3/8 x 3/8 x 1/4 outlet, 1/4" valve, and fittings to connect everything?
Joe Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:47 PM   #2

Icemaker saddle valve removal

I did something similar, replacing a saddle valve with a T and ball valve that leads to a quarter inch copper compression fitting that went to my furnace humidifier. You can read about it here: Easiest way to go from 1/2" ball valve to 1/4 inch compression fitting? .

I wanted a ball valve for a shutoff, which complicated matters. If you're OK with a regular compression shut off valve, you should have an easier time than I did.
Studly is offline   Reply With Quote