Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-16-2012, 08:55 AM   #1

Share |

I need to get this rolling and finish it!!

below, you will see a link to the original thread (page 2) in which i had questions about my MOEN shower control.

the plastic cover that you see in the picture, how do i remove this without damagaing anything behind it as well as the fiberglass walls of the bath tub?

I am still having problems getting that plastic collar out and I was in hopes that if I remove that plastic cover, I can see whats going on behind it (I hope).

also, what are the chances that this cartridge would stop the screw on the left from working? The screw turns the way it should but I have NO WATER coming out when I open that screw up.

replacing shower cartridge

crankbait09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:03 PM   #2

, please tell me i don't need to contact a plumber

crankbait09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:15 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankbait09 View Post
below, you will see a link to the original thread (page 2) in which i had questions about my MOEN shower control.

the plastic cover that you see in the picture, how do i remove this without damagaing anything behind it as well as the fiberglass walls of the bath tub?

I am still having problems getting that plastic collar out and I was in hopes that if I remove that plastic cover, I can see whats going on behind it (I hope).

also, what are the chances that this cartridge would stop the screw on the left from working? The screw turns the way it should but I have NO WATER coming out when I open that screw up.

replacing shower cartridge
Oh' mike has given you further directions at your other thread for removing the cartridge-
Removing the plastic cover will do you no good. Its actually a rough in/mud ring to gauge the size of the hole for the valve and trim plate. Some people use it to secure the valve in the wall-which may be your case.
As for the shut off screws, they are 1/4 turn. The slot should be at a right angle to the pipe to be off- only need to go 1/4 turn.
crankbait09 (07-17-2012)