Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-13-2009, 06:37 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |
Angry

i am lost

havent been home only too find the caulkin has let go in my tb its holdin a lot of water but for some reason not going through my floorig it like a sponge to stand how do i get the water out siphon it and cut the floo caulkig so it can be sealed prpely

darran90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:11 AM   #2

i am lost

You need to more clearly describe the problem...Your post just isn't clear and doesn't make much sense.

Termite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 08:33 AM   #3

i am lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekctermite View Post
You need to more clearly describe the problem...Your post just isn't clear and doesn't make much sense.
all the caulking has freed itself from my bath tub instead of being told peoplejust kept showering you can feel the water under the skin of the tuband it can be hear splashin against the fibre glass wallsunder the tub the front bottom seeal is good and there is no water leaking through the floor but before i reseal i have to get that water out how do i go about that and why has it not gone through my floor is there a safety on the tub
darran90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:26 AM   #4

i am lost

Wow, that's a heck of a problem. Simply re-caulking it will probably lead to more problems. If a lot of water got past the seal there is a very good chance that the subfloor, drywall and the floor joists are being rotted by the water and are soaking enough of it up so you don't actually get a leak. That'll definitely lead to mold and perhaps a structural problem. Simply drying the area out may not be enough.

You may need to consider removal of the shower/tub unit to evaluate the damage before putting a band-aid (caulk) on it.
Termite is offline   Reply With Quote