How To Vent Washing Machine Drain Line - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-31-2012, 04:21 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 57

How to vent washing machine drain line

Ok, so a few years ago I put in a laundry room upstairs. I put this on the opposite side of a bathroom. I put a tee in the bathtub drain and added my washing machine drain to that. Works pretty decent except for it gargles and spits out a little into the tub during the drain cycle.

I recently had a leak with my washer so I opened this wall back up to investage and I'm thinking of redoing this drain (hopefully more correctly this time). I'm also thinking about adding a drain in the floor in case I have future problems with overflowing, etc.

It just so happens that there is a vent pipe that runs horizontally through this wall that I could tap into if need if it would work better this way.

How should this really be plumbed? I can open the ceiling down stairs if need be to tap into other drain like the one for the toilet, etc.
Attached Thumbnails
How to vent washing machine drain line-044.jpg   How to vent washing machine drain line-045.jpg   How to vent washing machine drain line-047.jpg  

Advertisement

nateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:43 PM   #2
Master Plumber

Rewards Points: 712

How to vent washing machine drain line

Drain stack configuration; Read this thread i think you'll find pretty much what your asking answered.

Advertisement

Experience is Knowing what to do next, Skill is knowing how to do it

http://www.americandrain.net
Javiles is offline   Reply With Quote