Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-17-2010, 12:19 PM   #1

Share |

How to remove trough in the Glacier Bay flapperless toilet

First off, yes I know this isn't the best toilet out there, but for our budget at the time and with the rebate from the gov it was the right price ($3 after rebate) for the time.

Installed fine but has a leak from the right side where the tank connects to the bowl. The rubber and brass washers that come with the toilet are not the highest quality (big surprise, ha) and I would like to replace them with better quality supplies. Only problem is I just can't figure out how to remove the trough to access the bolt in question.

I have tried Googling and YouTubing but my skills in this is finding me no love.

Does anyone have a clue how to remove the trough without destroying the flimsy plastic holding it together? I just need to get to that dang bolt.

We only expect this toilet to last a year or so to save up money for a real nice one, just could not pass up the price at the time since we just spend weeks and lots of $$$ replacing all the flooring and tile on the floors and tub surround that had rotted.

Thanks for any help.
shyone2051 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 06:44 PM   #2

How to remove trough in the Glacier Bay flapperless toilet

been awhile since i've seen one of those, but it seems like i just tipped the trough and reached in with a socket last time. that might be easier than accidentally breaking it
the_man is offline   Reply With Quote