Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-30-2010, 02:09 PM   #1

Share |

How do you support a PVC vertical run?

I am replacing a copper line that comes off a T just outside the house (1/2 in galvanaized penetration) and want to run PVC.

1) My 1st/main concern: The old copper run went to a second spigot (18 in off the ground) around the corner. How does one brace the vertical section up to the spigot?

I can't (yet) find anything on line. I'm assuming I'd brace the brass/galvanized elbow, but where else (how far up the "riser") and with what?

2) Secondly: How low can I go to the grade with the spigot. We have a low window on that side of the house and I'm also putting in the gang & heads for some irrigation lines and we'd like them to not be above the windows?

Is 6-9 in above grade too low?

Thanks!

1655graff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 03:01 PM   #2

How do you support a PVC vertical run?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1655graff View Post
I am replacing a copper line that comes off a T just outside the house (1/2 in galvanaized penetration) and want to run PVC.

1) My 1st/main concern: The old copper run went to a second spigot (18 in off the ground) around the corner. How does one brace the vertical section up to the spigot?

2 hole straps or 1 hole straps

I can't (yet) find anything on line. I'm assuming I'd brace the brass/galvanized elbow, but where else (how far up the "riser") and with what?

see above

Thanks!
You are welcome

fireguy is offline   Reply With Quote