Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-29-2012, 03:56 AM   #1

Share |

How to do plumbing for roman tub faucet with a standard shower????

I've got some ideas running through my head for my upcoming bathroom remodel. Love the look of a roman tub faucet, but don't have enough space for separate shower, so my soaker tub needs to double as a shower. I was wondering how to go about setting up the plumbing to make this happen, having a deck mounted roman tub faucet with a standard showerhead. I have scoured online for specific help for this, but with no luck, so thank you for any advice you can give. By the way, this is my first diy project ever (and I'm a single mom) so I don't feel very knowledgable when it comes to planning all this stuff out

qwertzy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:31 AM   #2
DIY staff

Roman faucets are designed for deck mounted tubs-----

Deck mounted tubs should never be used for a shower because the deck will leak .

Please take a few moments to let us knw what you really want to accomplish---any tubs that you particularly like---and the exact brand and model faucet you wish to use---

Roman faucets may not have the anti-scald and pressure balancing features required by code for a shower.

Old 12-29-2012, 08:29 AM   #3

Thank you for your advice. I didn't even think of that! Well, I am wanting a corner tub that doubles as a shower, since I do not have room for a separate shower. Darn, I really like the look of the roman tub faucets The picture below is kinda where my ideas are stemming from, but I don't want that big bulky handheld showerhead.

I want something unique. I found this faucet, which is just a basic shower/tub setup and can figure that out, which is what I feel like I have to settle for...

But ultimately I would really love to have some sort of gooseneck wall-mounted faucet, which they sell for claw foot tubs, but they only come with handheld shower attachments, which I do not want. Do you suppose I could use a claw foot wall mounted tub faucet and hook up a standard showerhead somehow??? I'm confused on how to set that up, or if it's even possible at all. This faucet is what I have in mind if I can figure out how to get a standard shower to work with it...I would sure appreciate any and all advice!! Thanks so much!

qwertzy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:02 AM   #4
Master Plumber

What you want is a common request, can be done with the right fixture set up, they make wall mounted tub spouts extended so they will carry over to the tub, find a custom plumbing show room in your area and speak with a sales person and look around the show room and get some ideas.

Experience is Knowing what to do next, Skill is knowing how to do it

http://www.americandrain.net
Javiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #5

Not exactly what you're looking for, but we have a deck-mounted soaker tub in one of our bathrooms. My wife saw it and fell in love with it. But we never use it because it's too hard to get in and out of. But, then, we're senior citizens.
md2lgyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roman tub faucet, shower