Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-14-2011, 08:59 AM   #1

Share |

how to bleed air from hot water heat pipes

how ibleed the air from jot water heat pipes. My house has four zone valves. TWO FOR UP STAIRS and two for basement. i see two valves( handles) on this system I think one is for water coming to sytem teh other is for return and i see one bleed out let on left by the boiler
it is making a lots of noise how i bleed air from the ststem,

manny2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:23 AM   #2

how to bleed air from hot water heat pipes

There are (or should be) screwdriver opened air vents at some or all radiators. First pressurize the system to about 10 psi if not already or if not already higher. Then open each air valve in turn until water comes out. Check and repressurize the system if needed. Then go around again and open each air valve. Because baseboard radiators have the air valve right on the pipeline, only a small amount of air might come out and you have to repeat the procedure serveral times to fully bleed the system.