Household Water Pressure Woes - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-13-2010, 04:16 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Unhappy

household water pressure woes

at the first outlet off the water meter where the line goes to the house, i have good, strong pressure comming out from there and from the other outside outlet (there's only 2), but the pressure throughout the house is substancialy lower, probbaly less than half of what it shuld be. my house has a concrete foundation and was built in 1955. i don't have a clue what to try. can you PLEASE help me?!?!!!!!!

Advertisement

kriksubnav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:31 AM   #2
paper hanger and painter

Rewards Points: 2,218

Something like this

http://www.pressurebooster.com/

Advertisement

chrisn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:03 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 250

If you have good pressure at the first point it doesn't sound like a problem on the city's end. Build-up in the pipes perhaps? Are they galvanized or copper? We replaced the galvanized pipes to copper in our house; when we pulled them out I don't know how ANY water was getting through them they were so gummed up. Definitely increased the pressure through the whole house.
moneymgmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:29 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 264

Unless you have a regulator after that first outlet the pressure throughout the house will be the same. Occluded pipes could cause the flow to be reduced but the pressure will be the same. You need to know what the problem is before you can correct it. Because water does not compress causing a "burst" of good flow it is hard to diagnose with out a pressure gauge. In a 60 year old home there is a good chance it is occluded pipes causing flow issues, not a pressure problem.

The only way I know to solve the problem with occluded pipe is to replace them. If I were replacing the supply lines in an older home I would probably use pex and do the entire home at one time.

Rege
RegeSullivan is offline   Reply With Quote