DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

hot water pressure much lower than cold water pressure

11K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  lockingpin 
#1 ·
In one of my bathrooms the hot water pressure is very low compared to the cold water pressure. It takes forever to fill the tub with hot water. The bathroom is located at the same point the main water supply comes in the house. So, the main water line goes to the shower before it goes to the water heater. I'm thinking this is the cause of the low hot water pressure for that shower.

Can someone tell me what the cause is? TIA

#5 ·
What I meant to say is the first branch off the main goes to the shower. Then about 15 feet later it goes to the hot water heater. Everything else that needs water (sink, toilet, other bathroom, kitchen) receives the cold water after it goes through the water heater.

Attachments

#6 ·
The shower actually comes before the water heater. Look at the attachment in my last post. So, they decided to just hook up the cold water to the shower before the main supply hits the water heater. I think this is the cause. I don't want start changing out the pipe if this is not a big deal though. What do you think? TIA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.