Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-10-2009, 04:17 PM   #1

Share |

hot water pressure issue

Yesterday I drained my water heater to remove sediment from bottom of tank. when I initially turned off the cold water supply to tank, I noticed that the boil valve did not completely shut off the water. I am assuming that the washer inside the valve disintegrated due to old age... well needless to say after finished flushing heater, I checked all faucets in bathroom and they had normal pressure, but a lot of sediment came out at first... I thought that it was a done deal. Later I was using my kitchen sink, and when I turned on the hot water, there was barely any pressure at all... Does anyone know an easy way to back flush the debris??
Could this possibly be the remnants of the old washer from the boil valve? My water heater is centrally located in the house, so the bathroom is about the same distance to the water heater as the kitchen...
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated...
woodywoodwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 05:10 PM   #2

hot water pressure issue

after any type of plumbing like that, its best to remove aerator from all your sinks and shower heads and flush out the system thoroughly.

should be an easy fix. just remove and clean and see if theres pressure again when the aerators out
Attached Thumbnails
hot water pressure issue-faucet.jpg  
II Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:02 PM   #3

hot water pressure issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by II Weeks View Post
after any type of plumbing like that, its best to remove aerator from all your sinks and shower heads and flush out the system thoroughly.

should be an easy fix. just remove and clean and see if theres pressure again when the aerators out
I guess I forgot to mention that I did that.. It's only on the hot side of my kitchen sink.. which leads me to believe something is blocking it.
woodywoodwick is offline   Reply With Quote