Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-05-2007, 09:41 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Hot Water Heat

Hello,

During the recent renovation in my house, I changed the heating system to hot water. All piping in the house is new. The system makes a loud noise when turned on, which vibrates into first and even second floors of my property (I think via radiators - I may be wrong here since I am not an expert). Can anyone please tell me whether it is common for hot water systems or these types of boilers (Buderus in my case) to make such noise during operation?

Thanks,
Arthur

art2670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 09:49 PM   #2

Hot Water Heat

Sounds like the system needs bled. Look for little valves near the radiators, or at the corner of baseboard radiators. open those just a crack and let all air escape. Close them each when you're getting a steady stream of water out of them. If that doesn't work, or if you don't have bleeder valves, bleeding is a bit harder, so call a plumber or ask for details here.

NateHanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 10:16 PM   #3

Hot Water Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by art2670 View Post
Hello,

During the recent renovation in my house, I changed the heating system to hot water. All piping in the house is new. The system makes a loud noise when turned on, which vibrates into first and even second floors of my property (I think via radiators - I may be wrong here since I am not an expert). Can anyone please tell me whether it is common for hot water systems or these types of boilers (Buderus in my case) to make such noise during operation?

Thanks,
Arthur

Did You install the system or did you have it done by a pro? The way they are piped makes a world of difference. Buderus are wonderful boilers, I have 2 of them for my own home.
Now if air is the problem it would sound like a stream running thought the pipes, if it's more of a bang and or popping sound I would say it is a piping or lack of circulation problem, if it's a cracking and snapping sound your pipes are too tight to the framing of the house ( hole are too small, hangers are wedging the tubing)

More details and or pics would be helpful.

Good luck
Pipes is offline   Reply With Quote