Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-14-2007, 12:56 AM   #1

Share |

hot water

I just bought a trailer house that was about 50% rebuilt when the people who owned it got a job out of state and had to move and sell it. Ok the kitchen sink has 0 water pressure you can get water out but it is real slow. in the bathroom right near the hot water tank the hose for the washer and shower and sink are fine it is just the hot water away from it in the kitchen. I am new at rebuilding and hope to learn has I go any ideas on where to start to get water pressure up in the kitchen.

davefa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:43 PM   #2
Long-Time DIYer

hot water

Dave,
A. Make sure that the cold water shut-off valve to the water heater is wide open, and that all shut-off valves at sinks and fixtures are wide open.
B. Remove the kitchen sink spout aerator to clean it out. A clogged aerator is the usual suspect when water pressure is fine everywhere but at a particular sink.
Good Luck!
Mike

Mike Swearingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 11:33 PM   #3

hot water

thank you will check on those things I know I looked at the shut off valve under the sink and it was fine so will look at water heater and at the arater is that the nozzle does it unscrew right now , home improve projects are on hold has in the middle of moving in I can't wait tell tomorrow when we turn the apt keys over to the apt manger and we are done there that places was horrendous.
davefa is offline   Reply With Quote