DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Plumbing (
-   -   Hose Bibb replacement (

MarkRollins 07-02-2007 10:21 AM

Hose Bibb replacement
1 Attachment(s)
The hose bibb in my garage is leaking. It seems to be threaded on the inside. Is it possible to remove this and replace with a new one using the same threads? How do I remove this one? Turn the entire faucet from the garage side, or use a wrench and remove from the back side?

Thanks for the help!

Ishmael 07-02-2007 03:21 PM

DON"T TWIST THAT!!!! The hose bibbs can be either threaded in or soldered directly to the pipe...yours is soldered onto the pipe. You'll have to heat up the joint with your torch and pull the old spigot off; or you could just cut the tubing (downstream of the shut-off valve, of course).

Most manufacturers make repair parts, too. You may be able to just replace the guts if that's easier.

bigMikeB 07-02-2007 05:33 PM

Shut off the water, remove the handle and loosen the packing nut under the handle, remove the stem and change the washer just like a typical faucet.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.