Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-29-2009, 10:12 AM   #1

Share |
Question

Home Plumbing Plan

I've done a few minor repairs to our copper pipes, here and there, but want to redo our pipes downstairs to help with our basement renovation plans. To do that I need to move some pipes, and possibly components, but at the same time I want to make sure my water system components are in the right order. We are on a bored well, 3/4 HP about 40 feet from the house, which leads to the following components:

1. 30 gallon pressure tank
2. Water meter
3. Whole-house water filter (has a lot of gunk in it and I'm concerned thee pressure tank is collecting even larger pieces)
4. Water purifier and softener
5. Split to hot and cold water lines

So my question is, are these components in the right order and can my pressure tank be moved in line after the water purifier and softener to help out in the event we lose power.

Any and all comments are appreciated.

5GMs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:49 AM   #2

Home Plumbing Plan

I don't see anything wrong with the order of things. But why do you have a water meter if you're on a well?

md2lgyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:58 AM   #3

Home Plumbing Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by md2lgyk View Post
I don't see anything wrong with the order of things. But why do you have a water meter if you're on a well?

md2lgyk- good question about the meter for a well. Being a city boy I asked the same question and then realized the meter is part of the Soda Ash system. The ground here has a high acid level and requires we add Soda Ash to the water. The meter ties to the pump for the Soda Ash so it can inject/pump the correct amount of Soda Ash into the system.
5GMs is offline   Reply With Quote