Help Shopping ROUGH-IN Parts To Build A Bidet Sprayer - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-05-2011, 06:51 PM   #1
dazed 'n confused

Rewards Points: 25
Talking

Help shopping ROUGH-IN parts to build a Bidet Sprayer

Hey all, the Wifal Unit wants a Bidet Sprayer and since we're going to be opening up the wall to install a light switch for a new Bathroom ceiling fan, we figure this would be the opportune time to redo some of the plumbing. For the uninitiated, think "Bidet Sprayer" is kind of like a kitchen sink sprayer . . . only it's for hygiene. You can build one of these a couple of different ways with the easiest being a single line directly from the toilet (but that can get cccold in a very sensitive area if you know what I mean heh heh). Then you can get off-the-shelf kits, sprayers designed specifically to be "Bidet" sprayers, and finally the European deck mounted" (directly to the toilet) units.

But we're going for the Full Monty, in an antique Copper Trim:
2 Handles for Hot + Cold
Solid Brass Swiveling "Shower Outlet" for the hose hookup
Solid Brass nozzle
Copper-colored, braided hose

The W.U. marked up a couple of diagrams to give you an idea of the wall we're going into + placement of the handles in relation to the recessed TP dispenser. The idea is to have the nozzle in a nice nozzle-holder, and let the hose drape itself around the base of the toilet. We don't have enough room in these walls to have the luxury of a Pull-Out hose. This is an old old cabin of ours with some very funky-sized redwood joists and . . . well, just bizarre pieces of wood here and there. You'll get a better idea of it looking at the diagram.

Other than the fact that I know we'll need a Swiveling Ell Outlet to connect the hose to, I really need all the help I can get to understand what parts we'd need. I'm going to probably have a plumber do this, but I want to get all the shopping done in advance to save some $$$.

I saw this Kohler K-302-K-NA valve which looked like it might work

but to be perfectly frank, I'm not sure we even need a pre-fab valve kit like this (?). To understand the other issue that concerns me about going with something hard-plumbed like this you'll need to see the HARDWARE diagram, attached, which believe it or not is almost to scale (er, the width at any rate heh heh). See the HOT/COLD handles? We want those really close, (hiding under the toilet paper to the extent possible). We're probably going to go with basic Round Acrylic handles because they're round and won't hook on anything. These 8"-Center Kits may be too wide; dunno; comment?

So anyone game to help me build the shopping list for these parts? Thanks everyone!

Watts Up
Attached Thumbnails
Help shopping ROUGH-IN parts to build a Bidet Sprayer-bidet_wall_dimensions.jpg   Help shopping ROUGH-IN parts to build a Bidet Sprayer-bidet_hardware.jpg  

Advertisement

watts up? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:02 PM   #2
dazed 'n confused

Rewards Points: 25

And now that I've got the diagrams up I can explain something else about this wall. See the BLUE piece? That happens to be almost exactly where we want the new ceiling-fan-wall-switch to be. In short, expect both those two columns of copper pipe to be severely re-routed heh.

Also, the YELLOW and GREEN pieces of 2x4 serve no useful purpose that I can fathom.

Advertisement

watts up? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 07:36 PM   #3
Plumber/Contractor

Rewards Points: 2,620

Sure got yourself a lot of info there.. Maybe thats why you have me totally confused
Your shopping list should include your hired plumber and a well stocked truck.
On a serious note- be sure you have a cross connection control device on that gizmo. Hate to see you back feed that bowl water into your domestic water
TheEplumber is offline   Reply With Quote