Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-02-2011, 09:54 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Help please! New house plumbing question

I have been in my new house for 4 weeks now and have had several issues. But one of the most recent: A plumber came today because i complained about extremely low water pressure in my master shower (with a 3-way mixing valve connected to my standard shower head & rain shower head). Before that i had a leak and wasn't able to turn my shower on for a couple of weeks, and now when the guy came to check the water pressure today no water was coming out of the shower so the guy removed the 3-way mixing valve he seemed very concerned and said "who ever did the plumbing in my shower should be fired" he said a cartridge needed to be replaced that is why the water would not turn on.

The superintendent of this new home community came by and pulled the plumber aside in the garage and they walked back in and said they turned the water pressure gauge located in garage from 45 to 65. And i asked him why a cartridge would need to be replaced in a brand new home, and his response was " he does not control the water district in this city"

this is where i need your guys opinion and help please!!! Now, both shower heads only work at the same time, you can not turn them on individually like you could before. And the water pressure is just a little better, still not where it should be. What do you think is the problem and why would he adjust the water pressure in the whole house it was just a problem in the master shower, was he trying to take a shortcut so he would have to do anything internally? And does this kind of stuff happen in a new home, a cartridge needing to be replaced already?? I've lived in las vegas my whole life and in previous houses i never had to replace cartridges??? Please tell me what to do, i'm so sick of this builder/superintendent treating me like i'm a nuisance. They have never once apologized to me for all these problems.
Attached Thumbnails
Help please! New house plumbing question-img_7790.jpg   Help please! New house plumbing question-img_7789.jpg  

Last edited by Cdessel; 12-02-2011 at 09:57 PM.
Cdessel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:28 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 75

Help please! New house plumbing question

A water pressure gauge is a $10 purchase that can be hooked up to a garden house to test/check pressure. The upper end of residential water pressure is near 70psi.... where I live many homes only have a pressure regulator in the rare situation the local supply is over 80. Does that help? I'm not a pro fyi

Mrdippy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrdippy For This Useful Post:
Cdessel (12-03-2011)