Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-21-2011, 10:49 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 35
Share |
Default

Help With My Culligan 9" Gold Water softner


Hi all, I am hoping someone here could help me out with my settings set-up of my water softner. Im not sure what they should be at. I have a Culligan 9" Gold Series (metered) water softner. Salt tank is filled with Solar Salt Crystals and my water facts are in the link provided below on page 7. If someone could be so kind as to help me out that would be great! TIA
CJ.

http://www.chesterwater.com/waterqua...ccr2010web.pdf

WGFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:27 PM   #2
Water Treatment
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 716
Default

Help With My Culligan 9" Gold Water softner


Is there a problem with the system?

Is there a reason you are looking at changing the settings?

Akpsdvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:33 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 35
Default

Help With My Culligan 9" Gold Water softner


No Probllem, I bought it and installed it myself that's all.
WGFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:30 PM   #4
Water Treatment
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 716
Default

Help With My Culligan 9" Gold Water softner


It looks like the hardness is the only thing really going on..
8 grains.
Here is a link to a page that has culligan manuals.
http://www.culligan.com/en/service-a...olete-manuals/

If the unit has 1cubic foot of resin and you use 8lbs of salt each regen I would use 20000 capacity.
Akpsdvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:28 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 35
Default

Help With My Culligan 9" Gold Water softner


Quote:
Originally Posted by Akpsdvan View Post
It looks like the hardness is the only thing really going on..
8 grains.
Here is a link to a page that has culligan manuals.
http://www.culligan.com/en/service-a...olete-manuals/

If the unit has 1cubic foot of resin and you use 8lbs of salt each regen I would use 20000 capacity.
Thanks for the info but im not sure what im looking at in the manuals. So in the menu settings under doSAGE ill put in 8lbs.? Also what u are saying is that I should put MAXCAP in the and 20000 in the "regen gallons". So what do u recommend for my hardness number? Aslo what do I select for "Iron", N? Sorry but this is all new to me and I am learning as I go.
Thanks

Last edited by WGFA; 09-21-2011 at 02:41 PM.
WGFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 04:10 PM   #6
Water Treatment
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 716
Default

Help With My Culligan 9" Gold Water softner


Quote:
Originally Posted by WGFA View Post
Thanks for the info but im not sure what im looking at in the manuals. So in the menu settings under doSAGE ill put in 8lbs.? Also what u are saying is that I should put MAXCAP in the and 20000 in the "regen gallons". So what do u recommend for my hardness number? Aslo what do I select for "Iron", N? Sorry but this is all new to me and I am learning as I go.
Thanks
Where it asks for the salt dosage put 8
Where it asks for the capacity use 20000 or 20 how ever it is logging it.
Where it asks for the comp hardness use 9
Where it asks for iron put N

We all started on the ground floor at some time.
Akpsdvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 04:26 PM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 35
Default

Help With My Culligan 9" Gold Water softner


Quote:
Originally Posted by Akpsdvan View Post
Where it asks for the salt dosage put 8
Where it asks for the capacity use 20000 or 20 how ever it is logging it.
Where it asks for the comp hardness use 9
Where it asks for iron put N

We all started on the ground floor at some time.
Thanks, I will put all this in when I get home and report back later to let you know how I made out.
CJ
WGFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:00 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 35
Default

Help With My Culligan 9" Gold Water softner


Quote:
Originally Posted by Akpsdvan View Post
Where it asks for the salt dosage put 8
Where it asks for the capacity use 20000 or 20 how ever it is logging it.
Where it asks for the comp hardness use 9
Where it asks for iron put N

We all started on the ground floor at some time.
Thanks again Akp. The settings seems to be working better. Let ask you something, if I want the water to be softer what direction do I go with the hardness number? If infact that's what makes it softer. Thanks.
WGFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 10:16 AM   #9
Water Treatment
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 716
Default

Help With My Culligan 9" Gold Water softner


0 is as low as one can go .. but some might feel the full 0 at the start of the usage gallons but just before the unit cleans the water might be at 12ppm of hardness, while that is still soft, some might feel that little bit of hardness.

Akpsdvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
low domestic hot water flow with tankless coil mike42 HVAC 28 11-24-2011 08:35 AM
Low Hot Water Pressure btennant Plumbing 4 12-09-2008 09:31 PM
(Water Heater MYSTERY) Hot water out from dead tank with cold water in it? Inayity Plumbing 6 07-14-2008 08:36 PM
Is 1/2 Pex more restrictive than 1/2 copper? twilightcall Plumbing 19 06-24-2008 07:32 AM




Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.