DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Plumbing (
-   -   Help moving kitchen sink (

pflaxman 09-20-2009 11:57 PM

Help moving kitchen sink

I'm moving my kitchen sink about 2' along the same wall where it currently sits. In moving the sink, I will need to add extensions for the drain as well as hot/cold water. I know it won't be a problem for me to buy longer flexible pipes for the hot/cold water but I am not sure about how to set up the drain extension. Should I fit the p pipe directly below the sink drain and then run an extension to the wall where the drain pipe is (keeping in mind to slope the pipe down), or should I connect the p pipe directly to the wall drain pipe and then run the extension up to the sink?

Any help would be much appreciated. Also if anyone knows of any diagrams online that show this set-up, that would be also helpful. Thanks again.


RegeSullivan 09-21-2009 11:39 AM


The right way to move the sink is to move the drain and water lines. The water lines will be relatively easy but the drain might be difficult. If you could provide a good description of the existing plumbing I am sure someone here can help you. Pictures would be really helpful.


plumber Jim 09-22-2009 12:19 AM

correct you don't just extend the water lines with 2 feet of supply tube. also the drain needs to be relocated you can't just extend the tubular. the trap needs to be under the sink yes and you have distances from trap to vent that need to be maintained.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 PM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1