Help Identifying A Shower Faucet Cartridge.. Please.. - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-24-2014, 12:51 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 2

Help Identifying a shower faucet cartridge.. please..

Hey Folks,

I have a slow leak in my shower and was attempting to change the cartridge behind the lever of the on / off for the shower. It looks like the standard Moen from the outside and I thought it was as the other items in my washroom is Moen... but upon opening it.. I have no idea what type of cartridge this could be.

If anyone can offer any advice on what brand / make / model this could be would be helpful.

Also, if you know how to remove it, please let me know. I am an amateur at this.. but it didn't seem to be too difficult (if it was a true Moen).

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

W
Attached Thumbnails
Help Identifying a shower faucet cartridge.. please..-img_20141222_120540.jpg   Help Identifying a shower faucet cartridge.. please..-img_20141222_120600.jpg   Help Identifying a shower faucet cartridge.. please..-img_20141222_120607.jpg  

Advertisement

Drakes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 03:41 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 4,684

Looks like the 1225. Once removed, take it with you to a local plumbing, hardware, or big box store and match it up. Usually stocked locally. Or if you can wait about a week or so call moen and they will send you one for free.

To remove; Remove the 2 screws on esechon plate and remove plate (flat tip screwdriver helps). Pull off stop tube by hand, remove retainer clip with pair of needle nose pliers, remove cartdrige by working up/down with pair of pliers. May be coated with sediment, hit it with some wd40 or pb blaster, tap it a little bit, let it set for awhile if needed. Remember or take pictures of the cartdrige position. Reverse process for new cartdrige install. It has to go back in same way. No biggy, if it doesn't work right when you put it back together, just flip cartdrige 180 degress.

There are also youtube videos on this process as well if needed. Just a suggestion.

Advertisement

Last edited by jmon; 12-24-2014 at 03:56 PM.
jmon is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jmon For This Useful Post:
gregzoll (12-24-2014)
Old 12-24-2014, 04:21 PM   #3
DIY staff

Rewards Points: 4,880

I don't think that is a moen----
jmon (12-24-2014), SHR Plumber (12-26-2014)
Old 12-24-2014, 04:30 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 1,176

agree with mike ...its not a moen ....may need to pull that one to see if it can be matched ..can't say if i ever seen that one....sorry...
ben's plumbing is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ben's plumbing For This Useful Post:
jmon (12-24-2014)
Old 12-24-2014, 05:12 PM   #5
Retired from the grind

Rewards Points: 2,962

That plate is pretty scratched up. I would contact the mfg to get a new plate and you may score on a free replacement cartridge.
Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 07:40 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 558

That looks like a peerless cartridge

Advertisement

epson is offline   Reply With Quote