DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Plumbing (
-   -   HELP with hose attachment! (

wikur 06-20-2012 03:56 PM

HELP with hose attachment!
Hi all,
I am trying to attach a 2" Dia rubber hose to a one inch flange (ledge) and cannot drill into it. Is there some sort of locking clamp that I can use to attach the hose to the flange? This is under my car body so it vibrates a lot and cannot be too obtrusive. Sorry for the strict criteria but any reccomendations are much appreciated!


danpik 06-20-2012 05:21 PM

I don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Evstarr 06-20-2012 05:45 PM

Let's try this with you posting a picture of what you have there and a bit more informative text about what it's supposed to be.

wikur 06-25-2012 01:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry, a picture probably would have cleared things up. This is just a sketch of what the optimal clamping device may look like. I need to have 3 or 4 of these things to hold the hose up from dragging on the ground.

Attachment 53021

Lightfoot 06-25-2012 01:45 PM

is this a temporary thing, or for permanent?
Still not 100% sure of what you're trying to do, but
it looks like a series of small c-clamps might work.

never mind. I read your first post again. C-clamps would loosen with vibration, unless you spot welded them or something.

VIPlumber 06-25-2012 11:34 PM

So this hose is supposed to be clamped under your car? What type of fluid is this going to be used for?

Alan 06-26-2012 09:31 AM

Try something like this, and then attach a stainless steel hose clamp through it or something.

For added peace of mind about vibration, swap the nut out for a nylock.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 PM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1