Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-07-2012, 12:03 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Help! Hard to access pipe!

I have discovered a leak in the section of my main drain that leads from my kitchen sink. I managed to locate the hole itself by taking out the back panel of the cupboards beside my sink...

However here is the problem. The problem area is so rounded by other pipes and I can not get good access to it.

The hole is rather large and may be 2 holes. There is a section between two connectors that appears to be rusted.

Here are some photos showing what I mean...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I am afraid calling a plumber may be very expensive for this one.

THANKS

Lee Swain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:24 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 0

My images are not showing, so here are links -

IMAGE 1

IMAGE 2

IMAGE 3

IMAGE 4

Lee Swain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:45 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 26

Your right, a plumber might be spendy for that one.
Best to break your project down to smaller tasks. You need to remove whats in front of the pipe to gain access. Maybe even remove the water lines. Then cut out above and below the drainage tees- do you have access below such as a basement?
Then you can rebuild it using PVC or ABS pipe- join to existing material using Fernco's or, preferably no-hub couplings.
You might discover more pipe that needs repair. It looks like the arm to the sink has already been replaced- possibly for the same reason.