DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Plumbing (
-   -   Help to find a valve stem (

CTPAYC 06-15-2012 03:09 AM

Help to find a valve stem

The valve stem in the shower has broken, and I can't find a replacement of a correct size.

This is the closest match I bought:

But it is too long, and if I install it, I don't have any movement to open the water. The length inside the wall on this one is 50mm, and the original was about 45mm.

I tried to search Google Products, Amazon and eBay, for "stem" in the "kitchen and bath" categories, but didn't find anything close. And tried local shops of course.

Any thought on how to better approach this?

Thank you,

Just Bill 06-15-2012 06:52 AM

Danco, which makes a complete line of valves, has displays in home and hardware stores. They may not have all the models at the store, but their book does. Match up yours with their book and order from the store or online.

JetSwet 06-15-2012 07:04 AM

What was the issue with the stem? Is there a seat inside the shower body? A plumbing store should tell you what type it is and match it.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:40 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.