Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-05-2010, 12:33 AM   #1

Share |

Help with drain

I have attached a picture so you all can see what I am dealing with. The back wall where it is measured 25 inches is an outside wall. So I know I have to put drywall back up there, which I have taken the measurement minus the thickness of drywall. I am in a tri-level house so the plumbing comes from above. The part where you see I wrote coming out that is where the plumbing is now and is being moved. My problem is what base size should I get that will work. I know I might have to add to the wall on the left and the outside wall to make it thicker which is fine. I'm trying to find a base that will work. I do not want to tile, since that is what I took out. Any help and/or sites would be great. I was looking at getting a 34x42 shower, but dont know if that will work. Sorry about the lines not being perfect, I'm not great when it comes to drawing
Attached Thumbnails
Help with drain-sam_1642.jpg  

southernmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 05:06 PM   #2

Help with drain

Most of the time the shower base goes to the stud line, but you can put it where you want. The problem seems to be that you are trying to get a base to fit your existing drain which is doubtful, you have to buy your base first and bust the concrete to get the drain to match, sorry.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 05:52 PM   #3

Help with drain

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
Most of the time the shower base goes to the stud line, but you can put it where you want. The problem seems to be that you are trying to get a base to fit your existing drain which is doubtful, you have to buy your base first and bust the concrete to get the drain to match, sorry.
Yep, your exsisting drain assembly needs to come out if you're using a shower base. You will need a new drain assembly when setting the base. Move the trap and walls to match the new install
TheEplumber is offline   Reply With Quote