DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Plumbing (
-   -   Help with basement rough-in identification (

arsh14 02-25-2013 07:30 PM

Help with basement rough-in identification
1 Attachment(s)
I have looked at most of the pictures in this forum and am not in a position to identify what these pipes are for. The most confusing one is the one with a cover titled 'SEWER', what is that for and why is it even there?:(

TheEplumber 02-25-2013 07:53 PM

Open the sewer lid- what do you see? It's probably a backwater valve.
The 3" is your toilet.

jaydevries 02-25-2013 07:55 PM

could be a sewer backwater valve or sewer clean out. take cover off and see what is there

arsh14 02-26-2013 07:00 AM

What is a 'backwater valve'? I opened it and found a lot of stones in it. Do I cover this with flooring when I finish the Bath?

I assume the one pipe on the far left is for the sink, the bigger pipe is for the Toilet and the one in the right is for the Tub. Is this right?

TheEplumber 02-26-2013 09:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Did you remove the stones? The box is there for a reason. You need to clean it out.

jagans 02-26-2013 09:17 AM

You are building the walls on top of the drycore? Hmmmmmm.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:02 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1