DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Hard piped grill- what should i do with it

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  hvac benny 
#1 ·
Guys, this is the gas line for the former pedis real mounted grill outside my porch. While I do still want one, this pedestal is unusable and the 3/8 soft copper line supplying it is probably too small for my new 5 burner grill to be connected to. What should I do with this thing. I was thinking grid the pipe off then cut the copper flush with the ground. D/c the gas where it comes out of the wall. Then bury the stubs under a little mound of concrete... I'm open to all ideas with the exception of jack hammering the slab to completely remove the line.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Shut off the gas and remove any sections that are questionable, then plug or cap any openings. When you're opening up the lines, just make sure you have good ventilation to let the gas dissipate (ie. open your doors and windows). Soap and dial test afterwards to ensure you have no leaks, then relight any affected appliances. Be sure to turn the gas on slowly to avoid shock loading any regulators/valves.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.