Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-14-2009, 02:46 PM   #1

Share |

Grinder / Ejector Pump - vent to side of house?

So, thanks to all the help I received here I was able to convince the builder / plumber to run a dry vent line from the grinder pump for me and no longer wet vent back into the plumbing discharge line! My question now is, they are only agreeing to run it to the side of the house and not up through the roof. Is this normal? Will my yard have odors because of this? Will odors come in through the windows nearby in the summer? Thanks again!
dadruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:35 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadruz View Post
So, thanks to all the help I received here I was able to convince the builder / plumber to run a dry vent line from the grinder pump for me and no longer wet vent back into the plumbing discharge line! My question now is, they are only agreeing to run it to the side of the house and not up through the roof. Is this normal? Will my yard have odors because of this? Will odors come in through the windows nearby in the summer? Thanks again!
Check with your local building services dept at the city. That's not acceptable where I am. There's a reason the vents are out the roof. Sounds to me like this guy is trying to screw you.
Reilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:57 PM   #3

Thanks for your feedback, I will check with the local town on that code. When I asked the plumber about it, he said that "Venting to the side of the house meets code in Saratoga County, NY, most houses do it that way, and I should not get odors."
dadruz is offline   Reply With Quote