Grate Drain At Bottom Of Steps - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-02-2011, 02:08 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Grate Drain at Bottom of Steps

I want to put the grate drain at the bottom of the steps where the blue square is located. The grate drain is 5 inches deep. My footer is 6 inches deep. I do not want to go under my footer. Can I notch out a part of the footer (yellow circle) to connect to the drain tile? Or will that cause a structural issue. The reason is water runs down the step during heavy rainfall. I am using 4 inch perforated pvc.
Attached Thumbnails
Grate Drain at Bottom of Steps-grate-drain-02.jpg  

Advertisement

sloojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 03:39 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 25

Grate Drain at Bottom of Steps

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloojoe View Post
I want to put the grate drain at the bottom of the steps where the blue square is located. The grate drain is 5 inches deep. My footer is 6 inches deep. I do not want to go under my footer. Can I notch out a part of the footer (yellow circle) to connect to the drain tile? Or will that cause a structural issue. The reason is water runs down the step during heavy rainfall. I am using 4 inch perforated pvc.
When you say 'notch out', do you mean 'go through'?

Are you tying into a drain tile on the other side of the footer?

It would not be advisable to punch through the footer, nor would it be possible without something like a core drill. ..and even then, if there is rebar.

Advertisement

Robo_geek is offline   Reply With Quote