The shutoff valve for the gas in my kitchen is located inside one of my base cabinets. Just recently I opened that cabinet and smelled gas. Turns out, after doing a soap suds test i do have a small leak. This is being fixed this week.
My worries, though....are that this leak may have been present since I renovated my kitchen 3 years ago. As I never go in that cabinet, I never smelled the gas leak.
I have googled the effects of exposure to gas and i don't have any symptoms...i.e. nausea and headaches.
however, i DO have 2 cats and I have kept their food/water bowls in front of this cabinet since my kitchen was completed.
Has this gas leak possibly caused any kind of health problems for my pets? I am literally sick over this
Natural gas is methane, with an odorant to make the gas noticeable, as pure methane is colorless and odorless. I recommend you discuss this issue with a doctor, as this is a DIY forum, and is unlikely to have trained medical professionals with knowledge about the effects of long term, low dose methane exposure.