GAS Fittings-- Ensuring A Good Seal For A Tjoint - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-19-2009, 01:47 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

GAS fittings-- ensuring a good seal for a Tjoint

I am trying to figure out the 'trick' to getting a T joint facing downward. I recently did a natural gas conversion on my BBQ.

As it stands, in order to get a sufficient torque on the joint ( the receiving peice is fixed) I end up with the open end of the T joint facing upward.. which does not work for a gas supply line in !

In any event, I thought there might be some crossover between plumbing and gas fittings on this one.. I am sure that someone will tell me if I am dead wrong on this !

So please.. let me know what you think.

Advertisement

park place is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:07 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 150

GAS fittings-- ensuring a good seal for a Tjoint

I am not sure i understand but will take a stab at it. Is what you are saying that when you tighten the tee it looks straight up instead of looking toward the fitting that you want to tie into? If so you might try a flexible gas pipe available at most hardware and plumbing supply stores. they come in various lenghts. Make sure that it is an approved fitting for your area. When finished turn the gas on and put soap and water on it to check for leaks before using. Might check to see if it needs to be imspected also. most gas line remodels or relocates do.

Advertisement

al's sewer is offline   Reply With Quote