I have a new LP two burner cooktop in my kitchen. The small burner works fine, but the large one "pops" when first turned on (after igniting with electronic ignition) and sometimes blows the flame out completely. Seems to be a pressure thing, but I can't figure it out. For now I am running it on a 20lb tank. The temperature outside (where the tank is) is -14c. Any ideas?
I found out, by accident, that the portable propane tanks can contain a different type of propane than what you have delivered to your home. A factory I worked at tried to use the fork lift propane tanks for a space heater. Had all kinds of problems with it. When we contacted the propane company, we were advised that the contents of the tanks were not the same for heating as they were for running equipment. The 20 pound tank may not have enough pressure for running your cooktop also. Actually sounds more like too much pressure since it pops and blows out the flame.
If you have never made a mistake, you haven't done much.