Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-27-2011, 08:36 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Garage drain problem

2 years ago I bought a house built in 1987 and there is a garage drain about 2 feet square and about 3 feet deep. The drainage for the garage runs into my basement and connects to other lines like my washing machine, a toilet and a another washroom with a bathtub and toilet. Last spring when the snow melted it all backed up into my garage... I emptied the garage with a pump and had my county come camera the lines and look into it but next huge rainfall it happened again but this time it backed up into my garage with about an inch of water and started leaking into my basement just underneath where the pipe from the garage drain comes in. When it leaked into the basement it took a bunch of sand (which I'm guessing is under the garage pad and flooded in with a bunch of sand and water into the basement)

The water finally got to a point where I could feel inside the square drain and just underneath where the pipe comes out for the drainage I could feel the cement cracked so I'm assuming the water found a the easiest way out through there and into the basement.

My question is, what do I do? Is there a way to seal that crack up? Or should I just cut the pipe and block it off so it can't get backed up into the garage? I've asked many people locally and I can't seem to get a logical answer. I also have a sump pump on the other side of my basement which isn't anywhere near the garage...

Help please. Thank you.

VanIps is offline   Reply With Quote