Frostproof Problems - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-17-2009, 12:06 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

frostproof problems

i have 2 outdoor frostproof faucets and niether of them work. No noise no water, notta, nothing. they both have the air vent next to the shutoff knob i messed with both of these and no luck. ive made sure theres no shutoffs and yes thay r directly hooked to my water line. i am totally clues less next step is to replace the valve itself. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

billy0510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:38 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

frostproof problems

Strange. If you're sure they're getting water then you don't have too many options other than to replace them. If you can pull the valve assemblies give that a try and see if they're obstructed or degraded. Otherwise start cutting!

Advertisement

Termite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:01 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 1,000

frostproof problems

If they are "builders grade" faucets, the stem is probably broken off. The seal in this type faucet is at the other end from the handle so a long stem is needed. I had two of these in my home when I moved in and had to change them out. Most have a dual purpose connection to the piping. They can either be screwed on or sweat. You will be able to see the threads on the outside if it is sweat on since the pipe goes inside the threads for this connection.