Frost Free Hose Bib Question - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-06-2015, 10:50 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 338

Frost Free Hose Bib Question

I want to go and purchase my plumbing materials so I can hire a pro to install them all. I want to have frost free hose bibs installed. Due to my current setup, it will be required to cut the pipes and install new connectors.

That being said I see that sell frost free hose bibs in 6", 8", 10" and 12" lengths. Does it matter which one I choose, granted I have the room needed to install them. Is shorter or longer better? I would assume longer would be better because it get the water further away from the exterior of the house.

Also we are looking for a frost free quick turn valve, can anyone recommend a brand? Looking at my local big box stores I see they sell frost free and they sell quick turn but they do not sell a frost free quick turn valve, so maybe they do not exist? I need to spend some time on google I think.

Advertisement

cbzdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 11:09 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 5,196

Frost Free Hose Bib Question

They come in different lengths because of the depth of your foundation. Usually the eight inch works best for most. You would have to determine what length you need.

Your plumber will know. Let him do everything. Sometimes they will not install parts supplied by the homeowner. Ask your plumber first before you buy one. Just a suggestion.

Yes, that will be a good idea to google different brands and read customer satisfaction reviews. Most new ones all come with the 1/4 turn ball valve.

Advertisement

jmon is offline   Reply With Quote