DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Plumbing (
-   -   Freestanding tub waste pipe .. (

adamavis 12-24-2012 03:32 PM

Freestanding tub waste pipe ..
I purchased a freestanding tub and there is a flexible hose that attaches to the drain. The hose is similar to a washing machine or dishwasher waste hose.

Do I let this sit loose in my plumbing rough in in the floor?

Let me know if you need pictures?

oh'mike 12-24-2012 05:12 PM

Yes pictures and a link to the instructions if available---

Alan 12-24-2012 10:59 PM

I've seen a tub with a drain setup similar to what you are describing. It was one of those walk-in tubs and it had a dishwasher style hose that connected the overflow portion of the drain assembly to the waste portion of the assembly.

If the tub is currently installed, that hose should be connected to something.

If the tub isn't installed, usually the drain fittings for the tub aren't installed until it's time to set the tub.

Agree with Mike, however. I'd like to see a model # or something at the very least.

adamavis 12-25-2012 01:24 PM

Hey guys, its an aquadis sm-6340

There were no instructions...

adamavis 12-25-2012 01:32 PM

This is the pipe I'm talking about.. Threaded on one end...

joecaption 12-25-2012 08:03 PM

Looks like that line is for the over flow.
Strange there's so little info any where on the net on this tub.
Go back and add your location to your profile.

adamavis 12-26-2012 09:02 AM

Updated location. The overflow already came hooked up.. weird right?

That flex hose can be hooked up like a dishwasher I suppose? Is that to code?

adamavis 12-26-2012 11:55 AM

I just figured out how to attach images... ill take a photo of the underneath of the tub and post.

adamavis 12-27-2012 12:26 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's the tub...

Alan 12-28-2012 09:39 AM

That IS a walk in tub, isn't it? :laughing:

adamavis 12-28-2012 10:49 AM

Nope... can i hook this up like a dishwasher or do I have to find a rigid aystem for it?

adamavis 12-31-2012 07:06 PM


Alan 12-31-2012 08:47 PM

Sorry, i'm a little confused at exactly what i'm looking at here. Which end is up? Maybe a wider picture in addition to the ones you posted already would help.

adamavis 01-05-2013 08:26 AM


Originally Posted by Alan (Post 1083655)
Sorry, i'm a little confused at exactly what i'm looking at here. Which end is up? Maybe a wider picture in addition to the ones you posted already would help.

Thats the bottom of the tub, it's the drain. The metal hose connected to the drain goes to the overflow.

My question is more about the flex hose, The threaded end connects to the drain of the tub. How do I connect the flex hose from the drain to the abs plumbing? Is there a fitting for that like a dishwasher nipple?

md2lgyk 01-05-2013 09:44 AM

I had a similar situation with a walk-in shower my wife wanted me to install. Some expensive foreign brand with a drain line setup like yours. It's been several years, but I think I used a slip nut coupling. That didn't work at first, because apparently the drain line fitting was metric! I don't think you can bury a slip fitting, but I didn't have that issue. But if I had to do it again, I'd figure a way to replace that flex drain with pvc.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:49 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1