DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Plumbing (
-   -   Flexible pipe for plumbing (

bigboyjoel 06-26-2007 08:44 AM

Flexible pipe for plumbing
I'm nearing the end of my remodel of our kitchen and now I'm just hooking up the plumbing. I'm having some difficulty getting everything to line up well and I have a leak with two junctions. Instead of ripping everything apart again and cutting and modifying, does anyone have any feedback about flexible PCV piping on kitchen plumbing fater the downspout into the main drain? This would save me alot of time and headache to use the flexible stuff. Any feedback will help.


send_it_all 06-26-2007 09:36 AM

I have used both the flexible down tubes and the rubber connections (with hose clamps) where the trap arm goes into the wall. Never had a problem with either one. I prefer not to use them, but on a few jobs I have done where I was just installing new sink and not reworking plumbing, they have worked fine.

bigboyjoel 06-26-2007 11:43 AM

Good to know...I am just worried about food and other particulate matter getting caught and hardening in those little grovves where the tubing flexes.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48 PM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1