Flexible Connection?... - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing


Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2008, 10:40 AM   #1
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 21
Rewards Points: 12

flexible connection?...

I have two pvc pipes and they are both about 2.5in diameter...they are rather parrallel to each other right now...by "rather" i mean that they are off parrallel by about 15 or 20 degrees...so I imagine that I will need a flexible piece of tubbing (between the two T's)...Im just unfamiliar with whats available and what I might see at the hardware store (or if such a product exists)...I am familiar with the thick black rubber joint (about 3 in long) with hose clamps on both ends...Im thinking though that since the pipes will meet on an angle that is a fair amount more (or less) than 180 degrees, I would need to use somthing else...the pressure in the pipes shouldnt be real high (its not under city water pressure-just drainage)...


Leprichon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 10:45 AM   #2
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 650
Rewards Points: 500
Send a message via AIM to Marlin

Can you take a picture of what you're trying to do.

On the subject of clamps. The clamps with just two bands are typically only for underground use. Even in areas where they are approved for use above ground they should be avoided. You want the clamps with a solid metal band all the way around. You can still cheat a little in those clamps.

Do not go buy that flexible drain pipe from Home Depot. You will just end up with a big mess.


Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 11:40 AM   #3
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 21
Rewards Points: 12

pics attached...

flexible connection?...-100_0646.jpg

flexible connection?...-100_0647.jpg

The one pic (ending in 45)shows the two pipes I want to connect...
The other (ending in 46) shows the connector with the hose clamps that Im familliar with...
Leprichon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 09:41 PM   #4
remodeling pro
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,399
Rewards Points: 500

Cast out thoughts of hose connections and get down to local hardware or big box, and get an piece of proper size pipe and a few 22.5, 45, and 90 degree fittings. This will allow you to make "swing joints" offsetting the pipes until they line up. dry fit all the connections, then put alignment marks on the mating pieces, so that you can glue as much together as possible and install as a unit.

If you have no wiggle room to make the last connection, it can be done with a band clamp, the kind with full metal band, not a couple of hose clamps.

Last edited by troubleseeker; 03-09-2008 at 09:45 PM.
troubleseeker is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gas Line Extension - Can I use Flexible Pipe? MikeinBurien Plumbing 35 10-15-2012 11:58 AM
sub panel connection rtyui2 Electrical 6 11-28-2007 04:24 PM
New flexible air duct co20070904 HVAC 3 09-05-2007 09:32 AM
Flexible pipe for plumbing bigboyjoel Plumbing 2 06-26-2007 11:43 AM
Basement Electrical- Flexible Conduit? H Thomas Electrical 2 04-20-2006 08:42 PM

Top of Page | View New Posts


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1