Fleck 5600 - How Much Resin Do I Need? - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-13-2011, 10:58 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Talking

Fleck 5600 - How much resin do I need?

I am attempting to assemble my fleck 5600 and it came with 2 boxes of resin. I also ordered the Canpro-455 filtration cartridge. The boxes are labeled high efficiency and soft resin. I read somewhere that one of these resins acts like a gravel and needs to be placed at the bottom of the tank.

1. How much of each resin do I need to pour into my tank?
2. How much room should I leave from the top of the resin to the shoulder of the tank?
3. Does the Canpro-455 being installed affect how high I should pour the resin?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

jpp977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:09 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 250

Fleck 5600 - How much resin do I need?

I suggest you contact your supplier for directions how to assemble the softener.

As a general comment--gravel is sometimes used and if used it is put in the bottom of the resin tank. The quantity of gravel is determined by the size of the resin tank.

The amount of resin used is determined by the size of the resin tank. There must be sufficient space above the resin to allow the resin bed to expand during backwash without washing resin out of the tank.

You supplier should have provided the correct amounts of gravel and resin but if you have doubts you should go back to the supplier to confirm the correct quantities.

Advertisement

Bob999 is offline   Reply With Quote