DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

flange height

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Oldman 
#1 ·
I have to use flange extenders to raise my closet flange because of a new tiled floor. What is the minumum height for the flange above the finished floor?? Would 1/2" above finished floor be too high?? thanks

#2 ·
Actually I find having the top flush with the finished floor works fine, but when I rough in a house I always set the flange on the subfloor and if they use tile I simply instaii 2 wax rings, first one is what is known as a "Deep Seal", this is a wax ring with a plastic extension built right into it, next on top of that I install a plain wax ring then mount the toilet. When you mount the toilet a good trick to knowing if you have enough wax is that the toilet will appear to set up off the floor slightly (1/2" to 1") and you will need to actually sit on the toilet and rotate it back and forth a bit to get it to touch the floor, this usually indicates a good seal, if not, then add another flange riser, then try it again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.