DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Fixing Unlevel cultured marble bath tub/shower

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  nap 
#1 ·
We have a 25 yr old cultured marble tub/shower w walls. When we bought our home 2 years ago, it was not disclosed that the tub was unlevel and that when taking a shower,water would pool at the back/foot lip of tub surface and then drain to the floor in front of tub. Have done temp fix with a putting a plastic ridge mid tub to stop water from going to back.

Not sure how to level by raising the tub since would have to take off walls or cut off bottoms to lift tub up. We are thinking about resurfacing the tub to give a new look and was wondering if there is a product that one could pour on surface of tub top edges that would level everything -- may have to put a form on front side of tub to keep liquid from spilling over to floor.

Would appreciate any low cost suggestions since we are selling home and will already be taking a loss, but don't want the new owner to get the same surprise we did. Thanks.

Fred

#2 ·
the only thing I can think of would be those corners you put from the tub to the wall. Anything else I can think of would be very laborious and often expensive.

I would do the corners like this if it would help and simply put it in the disclosure form when you sell it. That way...no surprises.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.