Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-23-2010, 06:43 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Finishing a basement bath Vent? Pump-up toilet connection

HI All,

Admittedly, I am a first timer to the plumbing game so excuse my ignorance.

I am having my basement finished and am adding a half bath. I live in North Attleboro, MA and am on septic. I will be using a Saniplus pump-up toilet kit. I have plenty of room behind the wall where the sink drain and toilet pump-unit will reside so running the drains and various plumbing shouldn't be a problem.

I have two questions:

1. Venting-I have found the future vent in my basement so I plan to use that. The question is, I have to vent the sink and the pump up/toilet so do I need to run two seperate pipes to the future vent or can I Y them together at some point? If I follow the same grade as the 4 inch waste line (1/4 inch per foot) going to the septic pump will I be conforming to code? I was concerned about how many linear feet I will be running the vent but I found another posting on this website (from a MA plumber) advising that up to 150 feet is allowed.

2. The installation guide for the toilet I am using speaks at length about making all vertical runs of the pump-up discharge pipe precede any horizontal runs. The waste pipe I am going to T into is directly above the pump up unit so I plan to run the pipe straight up from the unit (about 8 feet) and then horizontally (about two feet) before I connect to the waste line. When I connect to the waste line, I plan to connect it paralell to the basement floor. Am I missing any obvious issues/code violations there?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer,

Paul

heenanp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
basement, plumbing, pump, toilet, vent