Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-02-2009, 06:06 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Finding a pipe through concrete/cinder block

I have two homes on one property lot. The main water line comes in through the main house. Then the pipe run either throughout the main house or runs underground to the other home. The original pipe broke and we need to install another pipe. We've cut into the foundation of one home and ran the pipe underground (under the driveway). We've hit the other side but can't locate the pipe. We've already drilled 3 holes into the other houses foundation where we thought the pipe would be, but no luck. Any suggestions on how to find where the pipe is? I'd hate to have to dig up the driveway since we are so close.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

DIYnewbie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:43 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 150

Finding a pipe through concrete/cinder block

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYnewbie2 View Post
I have two homes on one property lot. The main water line comes in through the main house. Then the pipe run either throughout the main house or runs underground to the other home. The original pipe broke and we need to install another pipe. We've cut into the foundation of one home and ran the pipe underground (under the driveway). We've hit the other side but can't locate the pipe. We've already drilled 3 holes into the other houses foundation where we thought the pipe would be, but no luck. Any suggestions on how to find where the pipe is? I'd hate to have to dig up the driveway since we are so close.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
If it is a metal line call a plumber that has a pipe locator or rent one if you can and locate it. If it is a plastic line without a tracer wire happy digging.

al's sewer is offline   Reply With Quote