Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-26-2009, 11:11 AM   #1

Share |

Filter for Kinetico Water Softener 4040s Enhanced Overdrive?

I moved into a house about 5 months ago and my wife and I are not thrilled with the neighborhood so, after a lot of consideration, we're going to put the house on the market next month and move on.

In prep for that I'm going through and doing minor repairs, etc. One of the things that has been on my list to do since moving in is to look into what maintenance is needed for a relatively new water softener that was installed in 2005. It is a Kinetico Mach 4040s Enhanced Overdrive.

Per the manual that the previous owner left, the filter is supposed to be changed from time to time. I have never done it and no idea when the previous owner last did it, so I want to go ahead and get a replacement filter for it but I can't seem to find one. I don't want to call the local servicer because they'll just charge me to come out and replace what looks to be a simple thing to do myself. But I can't find the replacement filter to order online.

mark2741 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:27 PM   #2
Water quality'n pump guy

That's the problem with proprietary type brand name equipment; parts are not available except through the one'n only local dealer, and they charge accordingly.

If you take the cartridge out and measure it you may find it is able to be replaced with a regular cartridge from a regular water treatment dealer or Wal Mart.

Old 09-27-2010, 05:04 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2741 View Post
I moved into a house about 5 months ago and my wife and I are not thrilled with the neighborhood so, after a lot of consideration, we're going to put the house on the market next month and move on.

In prep for that I'm going through and doing minor repairs, etc. One of the things that has been on my list to do since moving in is to look into what maintenance is needed for a relatively new water softener that was installed in 2005. It is a Kinetico Mach 4040s Enhanced Overdrive.

Per the manual that the previous owner left, the filter is supposed to be changed from time to time. I have never done it and no idea when the previous owner last did it, so I want to go ahead and get a replacement filter for it but I can't seem to find one. I don't want to call the local servicer because they'll just charge me to come out and replace what looks to be a simple thing to do myself. But I can't find the replacement filter to order online.
Can you describe the filter. Often generic filters are used and very easy to find replacements.
Andy CWS is offline   Reply With Quote