Fil-Trol Expansion Tank - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-19-2012, 03:34 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 81

Fil-Trol expansion tank

My new pressure relief valve leaks a little heating system water after the boiler shuts down. Now I am suspecting that the Fil-Trol expansion tank could be causing it. It's a model 110 tank & is pre charged for 12 psi with a max working pressure of 75 psi. I put an tire pressure gauge on the air valve & it reads 25 psi. Is the expansion tank causing my problem? How do I check it. If the tank is good & the relief valve which is brand new are ok, where else do I look.

Also, I'm thinking I should remove the pressure relief valve & install a water pressure gauge, run the system & see what the water pressure is. If it climbs to over 30psi, where can I look beside the expansion tank. Thanks for the help, please.

Advertisement

maddog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:05 PM   #2
Master General ReEngineer

Rewards Points: 2,278

Fil-Trol expansion tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog1 View Post
My new pressure relief valve leaks a little heating system water after the boiler shuts down. Now I am suspecting that the Fil-Trol expansion tank could be causing it. It's a model 110 tank & is pre charged for 12 psi with a max working pressure of 75 psi. I put an tire pressure gauge on the air valve & it reads 25 psi. Is the expansion tank causing my problem? How do I check it. If the tank is good & the relief valve which is brand new are ok, where else do I look.

Also, I'm thinking I should remove the pressure relief valve & install a water pressure gauge, run the system & see what the water pressure is. If it climbs to over 30psi, where can I look beside the expansion tank. Thanks for the help, please.
WtF,... Why another thread,..?? This leads to confusion,...

This is ALL the SAME Problem man....

Advertisement

Bondo is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bondo For This Useful Post:
maddog1 (12-19-2012)
Old 12-19-2012, 05:58 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 81

Fil-Trol expansion tank

Bond- Yes your right. I did not mean to make things confusing with two threads on the same thing. My bad. I'm going to look at the gauge & post back to you on the other thread. Sorry for my error here. Guess I hit the panic button.
maddog1 is offline   Reply With Quote