Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-13-2010, 08:55 AM   #1

Share |

Faucets with grooves

Hi, we have some faucets that have ‘covers’ on the tip of them (you can see it in the pic with grooves). I want to adjust the water flow or perhaps even remove these (currently the water is all over the plce as these are clogged/dirty I assume). I’ve heard that there is a tool to fit into these groves to adjust/removed these tips.

Do you folks know where can I find this tool? Or what is it called? HD or Lowes were no help. Thanks

dwheelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:36 AM   #2

Faucets with grooves

Do you have a stiff non-valuable strip of metal such as a hacksaw blade that will fit in both grooves and then you use a monkey wrench spanning the same strip to use the strip as if it were a very wide screwdriver blade to unscrew the faucet tip?

Do not use a good tool such as scissors to go in the grooves as whatever you use will be somewhat deformed when you are done.

Old 07-13-2010, 01:44 PM   #3

Faucets with grooves

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanJ View Post
Do you have a stiff non-valuable strip of metal such as a hacksaw blade that will fit in both grooves and then you use a monkey wrench spanning the same strip to use the strip as if it were a very wide screwdriver blade to unscrew the faucet tip?

Do not use a good tool such as scissors to go in the grooves as whatever you use will be somewhat deformed when you are done.
I tried with a thick blade, that broke. These must be stuck on there tight.
dwheelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:14 PM   #4
nap
You talking to me?

Faucets with grooves

take a plastic bag and put white vinegar in it. The tie it over the spout so the end is well submerged and let it set at least overnight but 24 hours would be better.

That will dissolve any lime buildup which typically acts like glue to make removing the parts difficult. You might find that after doing that, you don't even have to remove the nozzle.
nap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:15 PM   #5

Faucets with grooves

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwheelie View Post
see it in the pic with grooves).
I use needle nose pliers and a vise grip and you have to push very hard because the pliers want to come out of the slots.
Yoyizit is offline   Reply With Quote