DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Faucet replacement

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  rondo 
#1 ·
O.K., I've done these before but I always have to go back and forth to a hardware store, multiple times. Here's what I have, and the questions.
Last replacement I used a flex line from the faucet to my supply lines. The supply lines are 1/2" cpvc and the flex lines stated on them 1/2" Iron pipe theread and 1/2" faucet thread. I'm going to replace these, also, but I couldn't find the exact same ones. All that I saw was 1/2" FIP on both ends and I don't know what that means. Is the cpvc fitting the same as the faucet? If not, why do we have so many different thread standards? It's a pain to match things up. What is the thread standard for the cpvc and for the faucet input?

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

#2 ·
Is there a shut off attached to this 1/2" pipe?

FIP means Female Iron Pipe, screws onto.

There is three different supply lines, 1/2" FIP x 1/2" FIP all this means is it will connect to either the faucet side or the pipe side, does not matter which side connects first.

Now if you have a shut off connected to the PVC pipe it could be a 1/2" IP connection.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.