DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Faucet with attached water lines.

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  msaeger 
#1 ·
So I have a leak on a bathroom faucet. The leak was at the connection of the shut off valve and the water line going to the faucet.

I had to cut about an inch off the line on the faucet to get the compression nut and ring off but now it is too short to reach the valve and this crappy faucet has the water lines fixed to it so I can't just get a longer one on the faucet.

So what's the fix for this? I don't think I can extend the lines from the faucet can I?

The copper pipe coming up from the basement has a drop ear soldered on there so I could cut that pipe, extend it, then put a new drop ear on there.

In the basement there is PEX connected to the copper pipe going up to the bathroom. Probably the best thing would be put a longer piece of copper on the PEX but I don't have the tool for that. I could replace the faucet too I guess but that would be two faucets so they would match since it's a double vanity.

#2 ·
Post a picture---if the faucet uses 3/8" lines--you can get a double 3/8" compression fitting so that you can extend the tubing with another piece of 3'8" .

Do not attempt to reuse the brass ring from the old water line--get a new one.

#4 ·
Yeah I defiantly don't want to reuse the compression ring. I had to replace the drop ear that was leaking and reused it to avoid the issue I am having now. Worked for quite a while but it started leaking so I guess I don't have a choice anymore :)

Should I be able to use the same valve and nut?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.