Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-22-2005, 07:22 PM   #1

Share |

EZ Sweat fittings??

I was at home depot the other day picking up supplies to replace a few valves that needed replacing and noticed EZ sweat fitting. These fitting have solder in them all you do is put them on and then heat them up then it's all done. So I figured i would give them a try.
They worked grate and were realy easy to put on. I can handle norming sweating but these were a lot quicker.
Well Now that they are on i have started to second guess my choice i was starting to think that they might nor last as long as a traditional fitting. does annyone have any information on the longivity of this product or other experiances.

Chris

chrisintroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 10:34 AM   #2
aka:awesomedell

Send a message via MSN to housedocs

EZ Sweat fittings??

I've been using an epoxy product made by Noble systems for doing copper fittings for a couple of yrs now. Stuff is great, especially when you're workin under a house in a crawl space or something like that, no torch needed. just clean your pipe as normal and mix the two parts together and apply a thin coat fit your pieces together, wait 15 mins and it'll hold any pressure line. It's also permanent, you can't take it back apart. Someone once replied with that point to me in another post on this subject, my thought was, why would you want to? It's called Copper Bond and is available at alot of retailers. It'll pass my local codes, but you should check locally to make sure it passes their standards, many places have alot stricter codes than my location.

I haven't seen the presoldered fittings you're talking about, but the neareset big box is an hour away, so I don't get there often and I prefer to keep my dollars local.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:14 PM   #3

EZ Sweat fittings??

First DO NOT EVER USE EPOXY TO JOIN COPPER! The copper epoxy joints will not meet code in most areas and are considered the ultimate in Hack repair. The EZ Sweat fittings are ok to use. They are not widely available anymore because a lot of people had difficulty getting the joints to be leak free. If you have installed them and there are no leaks you are good. You have a soldered joint that will last as long as a standard fitting joint. Congratulations on no leaks!
SHR Plumber is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SHR Plumber For This Useful Post:
Ishmael (03-03-2014), jmon (03-03-2014)
Old 03-03-2014, 02:30 PM   #4
Retired Army Veteran

EZ Sweat fittings??

Old post from 2005. Good info though. Thanks
jmon is offline   Reply With Quote