DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Eljer toilet parts

20K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  colloquor 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a vintage Eljer toilet that is missing a flush valve. The home center's "one size fits most" version is too big. The diameter of the base threads is too wide to go into the hole in the bottom of the tank.
It is an elongated model, made in 1975. Numbers stamped in the tank: 2157 and under the bowl: 2191.
From the Internet sites for Eljer toilets, it looks like a Hygenian Series to me.
How do I know what model it is and what part number flush valve do I look for?
Pictures below.
Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
I do believe the depot sells the parts for it. If you can't find it there or Ace hardware just call a plumber and they can get one for sure. this is what you are looking for:
http://www.griggindustries.com/media/touch.jpg

what the :censored:???

does the flapper-ball just sit on the porcelain or is there some kind of seat?

this must require a different kind of tank-2-bowl connection too, no?

thanks jim.

#11 · (Edited)
I have a very similar model Eljer, but with a round bowl. Except for the original poster's elongated bowl, it appears to be the identical model, circa 1972 or so. BTW... the flush valve assembly can be found at any home improvement or hardware store, as it's Eljer specific. I've never had any problem finding the Eljer "ball" flush valve. Try your local True Value Hardware if you can't find it at either Home Depot or Lowes.

I'd like to replace this toilet, but it's located in a very small bathroom, and I can't find any toilet that meets similar mechanical specifications. The Eljer is only 26.5" inches deep, and nothing on the market appears available with that depth dimension. Plus, the rough in is 14" - another strike against finding an appropriate replacement. Any overall depth greater than 27" inches would be a problem as it's directly across from the shower entrance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.