DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Electric tankless water heaters anyone?

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  moneymgmt 
#1 ·
I just saw these the other day for sale - about $600 for the unit. It had a 1 year warranty on the heat exchanger. I was surprised there was an electric version of this. It has temp gain of 45 degrees for 4 gallons of water per minute.
Has anyone used one? Any thoughts?

thanks

#2 ·
Depending on your area electric may be cheaper than gas.

Either way that ol meter will spin like crazy and I think you will to when you open your first bill

Need to check on electrical requirements (Upgrading/adding electric circuits) before you buy one

#3 ·
I agree you need to check your ele first to see if you have enough they do pull quite a bit.I have them ,maybe not the same as you,I ran two small ones together to bring the temp up 100 deg but that was till I could move them to point of use.I also had to upgrade electric because of low power they ran the bill up after the upgrade it wasnt so bad cheeper then the gas heater we had

#4 ·
Do a search in this forum for tankless or on demand water heaters, there should be several posts. Every house is different and so are the homeowners' needs so there is no black/white answer. That being said, I live over a crawl space so the old gas tank heater took up a lot of room on my 780sf first floor, not to mention the exhaust vent. I replaced it with an electric tankless and couldn't be happier.

I bought a Titan for $250, max draw is 54amps, our house only has 100amp service and I've never had an issue. I live in Michigan, don't know how elec. costs compare, our bill only went up $15/mo. My gas bill dropped that much so I'll call it a wash. Granted, we have no kids, just my wife and I, so we can use common sense and not run the dishwasher and washing machine while someone's in the shower... the output isn't high enough for all that. For a big house and multiple points of use running simultaneously electric wouldn't be my first choice. For space savings, you can't beat it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.